Today we got to meet Kate from Kate’s Campaign for change! Here’s a bit about her program:
Relying solely on donations and the assistance of volunteers, Kate’s Campaign for Change is a grassroots movement (started in 2017 by Kate Pemberton), with the aim of donating a range of “Care Packages” through local not-for-profit organisations to assist those who are in-need and at-risk within our local community.
The Campaign is now supported by over 640 Campaigners:
· Who collect and donate travel-size hotel toiletries for repackaging
· Who host collection points and donate the proceeds from recycling eligible containers through the “Containers for Change” scheme, and
· Who make donations of goods / cash / gift cards and volunteer their time to assist with packaging activities.
The Campaign is:
· Giving people a simple and practical way to help and care for others;
· Allowing everyone (regardless of their abilities) to achieve a sense of purpose and to discover a way to give back to the community; and
· Delivering an on-going source of “Care Packages” within the local community and providing desperately needed resources to not-for-profit organisations that operate
at the “coal face”.
The Campaign has been designed to assist people who:
· experience, or who are at-risk of homelessness
· find themselves transitioning out of “care” situations
· are impacted by domestic violence, or
· are dealing with the aftermath of natural disasters.
“Donation Drop-Off Points” have been established in the following locations to make it easy for everyone to donate their unused hotel toiletries / travel-size personal care items which are included in our “Care Packages”:
· AbbaCare Australia (420 Bayswater Road, GARBUTT)
· Alliance Rehabilitation (139 Boundary Street, RAILWAY ESTATE)
· Armi’s IGA – Domain Central (Shop M01 – Domain Central, GARBUTT)
· BARE waxing & IPL Studio (Shop 306 – Mercure Hotel, 166 Woolcock Street, Pimlico)
· Carlyle Gardens Retirement Village (60 Beck Drive North, CONDON)
· Envirobank Recycling (3 O’Keefe Court, GARBUTT)
· Ergon Energy (34 Dalrymple Road, GARBUTT)
· Explore Property Townsville (103 Boundary Street, RAILWAY ESTATE)
· Glencore Technology (100 Hunter Street, STUART)
· Hammett Street Veterinary Clinic (7/37 Hammett Street, CURRAJONG)
· Kickstart Fitness (247 Ross River Road, AITKENVALE)
· Nextra Annandale (Annandale Central Shopping Centre, ANNANDALE)
· Roberts Nehmer McKee Lawyers (Level 1, 111 Charters Towers Road, HERMIT PARK)
· SpeechEase Speech Therapy (37 Leyland Street, GARBUTT)
· Thrive Pharmacy Annandale (Shop-9/56-60 Yolanda Dr, ANNANDALE)
· Travel Associates Castletown (Shop T104a – Castletown Shopping Centre)
· Travel Associates Otto’s Market (Shop 10 – Warrina Shopping Centre)
· Travel Associates Townsville (365 Flinders Street, City)
· Travel Associates Willows (Shop 44 – Willows Shopping Town)
· Westbury’s Mundingburra IGA (74 Ross River Road, MUNDINGBURRA)
· 11th Brigade – Australian Army (Internal location – Lavarack Barracks)
The “Care Packages” are NOT distributed directly to those in-need but rather through local not-for-profit organisations so that they can be utilised in conjunction with the services and range of assistance that these organisations have to offer.
Our range of “Care Packages” currently includes:
“Hygiene Care Packages” – Our “Campaigners” collect / receive donations of hotel / motel toiletries and combine these with a range of other personal care items; so they can be packaged and redistributed.
“Eat on the Street Packs” – Our “Campaigners” collect / receive donations of bottled water and a variety of easy-to-eat and carry, filling and nutritious, non-perishable food items; so they can be packaged and redistributed.
Join with us to each do little things, that when added together, can make a big difference to the lives of many!
Love Kate xx